Talos energy is a privately owned company that deals with oil and gas. That was started in 2012 by Timothy Duncan. The company specializes in exploring and producing offshore hydrocarbons, in Mexico and also in the US. It was formed out of a partnership involving the Apollo global management and river stone holdings with the aim of purchasing assets optimization, exploration and exploitation. The company is located in Houston, Texas.When it started in 2012, the management managed to build and sell two us companies, Phoenix exploration, and gryphon exploration, each giving significant returns to the investors. Currently, the company has continued to grow beyond the US, and it has continued to focus on technology and safe, environmentally compliant operations.
The company has excellent technology and innovative techniques that help it in exploration and exploitation of assets.This has enabled the company to become a world-class company. It is, however, looking for new and better ways of to operate. Talos energy also works with premier oil plc. and Sierra oil gas.Zama-1 is the first offshore exploration well to be drilled by Talos energy. The company is also involved in business activities such as farming and JV’s. Talos energy is set to combine with stone energy corporation, as advice by Vinson and Elkins. This combination will create a premier offshore focused exploration and production company. The company, formed by the union, will be called Talos energy Inc.
Talos stakeholders will own 63% while stone takes the remaining 37% of the total company. The combination of the two companies will lead to a lot of advantages, which include, having increased financial flexibility, it will be well known as the company of choice for drilling and consolidation opportunities. It will create leading offshore independent E&P Company. . .it will drive and also have an increased footprint in the Gulf of Mexico. Talos energy also participated in forming the Gulf energy alliance, together with fieldwork energy LLC, arena energy LP and the energy XXL ltd. The alliance aims to work with elected officials to deal with issues inhaling growth in the Gulf of Mexico.